Have you ever owned a product that was almost perfect but just lacked that touch more bass extension, separation or some other quality? It can most likely be achieved with some careful tweaking to `voice` it differently, please feel free to contact me to discuss one-off projects.
I offer a range of services including…
- Tuning of pre and power amps using a selection of capacitors to voice to customer`s requirements.
- E.g. They can be modified to give a fuller bass or more top-end extension and detail according to system requirements.
- Battery power supply modifications to turntables giving great gains in speed stability, separation and imaging.
- Speaker crossover mods to classic designs including re-alignment due to ageing of drive units.
- I build a passive crossover for the BBC LS5/8 to order. Metal-dome tweeters can be toned-down subtly.
- Stepped attenuator upgrades.
- Open baffle speaker designs are available for demonstration.
- One-off projects undertaken.
- Re-terminating your interconnects/speaker cables with your preferred connectors.
- Setting-up turntables using Dr Feikert alignment protractor.
- DC power supplies for turntables, DACs etc.
- Fitting stereo pots and remote-control to e.g. the Croft pre-amp range (see example below).
- Voicing and upgrading speakers to your requirements and re-calibrating of `classic` speaker crossovers.
- Mod 21, wiring link mod, chip changes and power supply upgrades etc.
- One-off projects undertaken.
- Trained by Stanley Beresford to upgrade his range of Beresford DACs.
Prices are realistic – please contact me for a competitive quote.
“As previously intimated I am very pleased with the upgrade to my TC-7510 which you performed . However I think it is important that you point out to customers that the unit takes app. 24 hours use before it performs at its’ best . After this time I can report to you that I experienced improvements in all areas of performance.
The soundstage is much bigger . Bass is tighter and cleaner , driving the music along without overpowering it. Midrange is also much cleaner , voices in particular are more expressive , all eminating from a much quieter background . Also top end is excellent , cymbals and tambourines in particular sounding much more realistic. I was listening to a track which I know well the other day and what I thought was a xylophone turned out to be pan pipes . The system now has a much greater sense of ‘air ‘ and has become much more ‘holographic ‘ .
Improvements not very easy to describe but very easy to hear. The system appears to be improving incrimentally with use. Many thanks for a fantastic service . It has been a pleasure to deal with you , and I look forward to availing myself of any further upgrades in the future.
Examples (more to follow…)
Croft 25R with remote control!
I can fit remote control volume control to your Croft pre-amp … for the audiophile who is looking for sound quality with convenience!
Leben CS-300 EL84 amplifer upgrade.
Using the new Jupiter copper foil capacitors and a Furutech socket.
4 resistors had to be moved and capacitors are glued to concave support blocks.
Remote-control fitted to a Canary CA 601 Mk2 pre-amp below.
The customer wanted the volume to work via his Quad 99 CDP-2 remote control so processor chip had to be changed on remote-control board.
(LED not re-positioned yet in picture.)